The unrequited love that binds us

       

     What's up people. It's been like forever since I last uploaded a post but trust me I have been writing. Lately I've been writing stuff not related to hair though. So guys as you must have seen from the title of this post, it is totally unrelated to hair. I actually got inspired to write this after a conversation I had with a friend and I decided to share it.
     The unrequited love that binds us. Have you ever been in an unrequited love before? What was your experience and how did you get over it. Be sure to leave a comment before you leave. Happy reading guys. 
       
        I gaze lovingly into into brown eyes that stare back at me with such ferocity that make me shiver. 'I love you' I silently plead 'and I want you to love me too. How hard can that be'. As if hearing the voice of my thoughts, and being disgusted by it, brown eyes looks away from me and continues to do justice to the large bone in its paw. My heart shatters because not only does brown eyes not love me, he is also indifferent about me, which is much worse. And this also reminds me of its owner, it's as if they are both saying ' I do not need to waste any feelings on you'. And I begin to wonder what I did not do right. Should I have said yes instead of no? should i have cried instead of laughing? Should I have screamed instead of holding it all in? These questions go unanswered as brown eyes barked happily as it's owner approached and crouched. As big hands ruffled its back, brown eyes wagged its tail back and forth with pleasure. 'He didn't even spare me a glance' I thought to myself. Just then, black hair raises his head and looked directly into my eyes. I swallow audibly. For what seemed like an eternity which in reality was a millisecond, he stares at me. And me, I saw the sunset in his eyes, I saw the planets taking their places, half moon turning into full moon and the stars darting around. Oh, what a lovely view, I could stare forever and watch all those heavenly bodies perform magic all in his eyes. And then he yawns. He freaking yawns. I feel totally disgusted. I hate this. I hate this one sided feelings, why can't he notice me? Why does he always have to look past me?  My eyes followed them as man and dog got into a motorcycle and rode off leaving nothing but smoke in their wake. I exhale, not from relief but from exhaustion. Unrequited feelings really tires one out. 
  
'Get over it already ' Patrick approaches me basketball in hands. The look in his eyes was that of pity which is the last thing I want right now. He is the only one that knows the true story of brown eyes and black hair.  I nod, having no strength for words or rather having no words to say. 
   'if it makes you feel any better best friend' twirling the ball in between his palms, then slamming the ball hard on the ground 'I still suck at basketball after practicing for 2 years' 
 I can't help but smile. Patrick has always wanted to play like his big brother who is a star in the game but somehow, it seems like the harder he tries, the worse he becomes. I don't know how he expects that to make me feel better. It made me want to cry for him instead. And then it hits me. Suddenly, I know what he means. Unrequited love doesn't have to be that which you feel for that boy or girl that isn't reciprocated. It is also that which you feel for that person, that hobby,  that interest,  that celebrity, that isn't reciprocated. Looking all around me, I see unrequited love everywhere. In the seamstress that isn't able to make beautiful designs; the painter that isn't able to be creative;the writer that isn't able to finish that book; the student that isn't able to pass his exam; the sportsman that isn't able to be good in his sports no matter how hard he practices; the web designer who finds it hard to be creative in his design; the software creator who cannot build useful software; the fat lady trying unsuccessfully to follow a weight loss plan. All these have one thing in common. They elude us and sometimes we actually end up getting better at them through constant practice and other times, we don't. We count our losses, our gains and move on. Just as I'm going to move on and quit waiting for brown eyes, the stray dog which I found injured and tended to with so much love from me. The least I thought I deserved was it's loyalty and love. I received none as brown eyes has refused to love me but fell in love at first sight just as I did with black hair, my greatest crush of all century. Traitor. I realize now that I have the strength to move on because I know that there are others who pass through the same experience. Somehow, there's is always this one person who we want to notice us, to like us. Just like Patrick who loves basketball but basketball doesn't return his feelings. Could be a role model, our bosses in the office, our lecturers and even when we want the whole world to know that we can sing, dance, or write, unrequited love is in play. The unrequited love that binds us. 'Thank you Patrick' I embrace him.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Types of shampoo and their uses

5 amazing ways to deal with shrinkage.