Types of shampoo and their uses

What's up naturals!
          So in my last post, I mentioned something about clarifying shampoo. After reading it,  someone sent me a DM asking me if clarifying shampoo is the same with the normal shampoo she knows. Then I realized that I should have talked a little on it. My bad. So,  I decided to dedicate an entire post on tpes of shampoo we have. Or that I know of. If you were also wondering what a clarifying shampoo was, not to worry, I've got your back.
         A shampoo is basically supposed to cleanse hair and strip it of its uncleanness. But added to that basic function, shampoos also have other functions added to them which will be highlighted below.
         A clarifying shampoo is used when there is so much product buildup in your hair. So it should strictly be used when you have used so much products like gel. If it is used as a basic shampoo, it is very likely to strip your hair of its natural oils.
         A medicated shampoo is one which I've seen a whole lot of students use. An example is antidandruff shampoo that is supposed to get rid of dandruffs. I've used one of this before and it usually leaves this minty feel on your hair.
         And then, there is everyday shampoo. Those who use this are those who shampoo everyday. It is not so harsh as the clarifying shampoo but leaves your hair clean after using products for the day.
        Most of us should have seen this 2 in 1 shampoo. It has both shampoo and conditioner in it. It's supposed to cleanse your hair and leave it moisturized too.
         Honestly people,  halfway into this post, I decided to do a little research to see if there was any other hair shampoo. Man. I saw others. It was kinda hard to understand their uses but I finally got a hang of it. So,  I'll simplify it for y'all. Yeah. I love you guys that much.
           The internet says we have volumnizing shampoo,  which is supposed to give our hair more volume. I don't know the chemistry behind that though. Added to the list are shampoos for dry hair, normal hair and that for oily hair. We also have shampoo for colored hair and this is specially formulated for dyed hair so that the colour remains intact after usage. I never realized we had this much shampoo. Surely, with new experiments and new hair issues, more shampoos will be produced to meet it's ever increasing need. The best thing is to pick the shampoo that is right for your hair, one that meet our hair needs and also remember to purchase good shampoos as bad ones can leave your hair dry and brittle.  Your hair will thank you later. And when it does,  remember to thank me too!
          So,  that's it for this post. I'll probably write on the types of conditioner in my next post.  I don't know yet. Leave a comment and tell me the types of shampoo you have used and how your hair responded to it. Thank you for opening this post and #staynatural!!!

         

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 amazing ways to deal with shrinkage.

The unrequited love that binds us