Types of conditioners: leave in, deep, and instant conditioners

Hello naturals!
           As I promised earlier and as you have seen from the title of this post, we are going to be talking about the various types of conditioners out there in the market. The common types of conditioners are instant, leave in and deep conditioners.

  Instant conditioner
             This is the the basic conditioner we use after shampooing. It is designed daily use and it cleans the hair superficially. Their effect doesn't last for long. Probably a few days. A lot of people use it to cowash (washing hair with conditioner only) . I use it to cowash.
Leave in conditioner
            As the name suggests, this conditioner is used as a leave in. It has great moisturising properties, contain good sealants like olive oils, coconut oils and it also leaves your hair feeling soft and manageable. A good leave in conditioner should have water as its major ingredient.

   How do you know the major ingredient in a product?
            Usually ingredients are listed from the most concentrated to the least concentrated. The major ingredient would be listed first. Hence, in a good leave in conditioner, water should be listed as its first ingredient.

 Deep conditioner
           This conditioner has many nutrients that is meant to penetrate your hair cuticles, give it shine and make your curls pop. Deep conditioning is very important in the natural hair journey. Most of the time when we have styled our hair for too long, it feels dry and dull. . A deep conditioner helps to reverse the dryness factor and gives our hair a whole new shine.  It's effects are not permanent though. So,  it is advised to deep condition at least once a month. Not more than three times a month though to prevent our hair suffering from moisture overload.
       I don't have a deep conditioner though as the good ones are quite pricey in the market. So I use a DIY deep conditioner which is a mixture of 2 eggs, 4 scoops of mayonnaise, honey, olive oil,  and coconut oil. After shampooing, I apply this mixture (it's very messy I tell you), put on a plastic cap (shower cap)  and leave it to sit for up to 30 minutes while chilling with an interesting novel (sometimes, I leave it on for more than 30 minutes if the novel is quite enrapturing). When the wait is over, I rinse the mixture of with cold water (using hot water will make the eggs cook), then I wash my hair with my conditioner ( I use V05 moisturising conditioner). I deep condition once a month because I keep my hair in protective styles for up to 3 weeks to a month.
             There you have it naturals. The three major types of conditioners. Leave a comment down below and tell me the conditioners you use. I promise to reply every comment. I'll see you guys in my next post. Happy new month to you guys and have a lovely week ahead.
#staynatural

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of shampoo and their uses

5 amazing ways to deal with shrinkage.

The unrequited love that binds us